- Carrying in right hand in front of face:
- Carrying in left hand in front of face:
Desirous of acquaintance
- Placing it on left ear:
I wish to get rid of you
- Drawing it across the forehead:
You have changed
- Twirling it in the left hand:
We are watched
- Carrying it in the right hand:
You are too willing
- Drawing through the hand:
I hate you
- Twirling in the right hand:
I love another
- Drawing across the cheek:
I love you
- Presented shut:
Do you love me?
- Drawing across the eyes:
I am sorry
- Touching tip with finger:
I wish to speak with you
- Letting it rest on right cheek:
- Letting it rest on left cheek:
- Open and shut:
You are cruel
- Dropping it:
We will be friends
- Fanning slowly:
I am married
- Fanning quickly:
I am engaged
- With handle to lips:
- Open wide:
Wait for me
- Carrying in left hand, open:
Come and talk to me
- Placed behind head:
Don't forget me
- With little finger extended:
- The shut fan held to the heart:
You have won my love
- Presenting a number of sticks, fan part opened:
At what hour?
- Threaten with the shut fan:
Do not be so imprudent
- Gazing pensively at the shut fan:
Why do you misunderstand me?
- Pressing the half-opened fan to the lips:
You may kiss me
- Clasping the hands under the open fan:
Forgive me I pray you
- Cover the left ear with the open fan:
Do not betray out secret
- Shut the fully opened fan very slowly:
I promise to marry you
- The lady appears at the balcony, slowly fanning her face,
then she shuts the balcony:
"I can't go out"
- If she does it excitedly, leaving the balcony open:
"I'll go out soon"
- Touching the unfolded fan in the act of waving:
I long always to be near thee
- Resting the fan on her lips:
"I don't trust you"
- The shut fan resting on the right eye:
When may I be allowed to see you?
- Fanning herself with her left hand:
"Don't flirt with that woman"
- Running her fingers through the fan's ribs:
"I want to talk to you"
- Slowly fanning herself:
"Don't waste your time, I don't care about you"
- Quickly fanning herself:
"I love you so much"
- Moving her hair away from her forehead.
"Don't forget me"
- Passing the fan from hand to hand:
"I see that you are looking at another woman"
- Hitting her hand's palm:
- Carrying the fan closed and hanging from her left hand:
- Carrying the fan closed and hanging from her right hand:
"I want to be engaged"
- Quickly and impetuously closing the fan:
- Dropping the fan:
"I belong to you"
- Resting the fan on her heart:
"My love for you is breaking my heart"
- Half-opening the fan over her face:
"We are being watched over"
- Hitting any object:
- Hiding the sunlight:
- Looking closely at the painting:
"I like you"